31st December 2008...

12:30 PM
The year passed by like any other, by my life has definitely changed.

31st December 2007 I was enjoying my day with Charu and Anjali in London planning for the evening...there was only one plan, to go to the river and watch Europe's best 10 minute fireworks on the stuck of mid-night at Big-Ben with famous London Eye as the background. It’s a must watch event at-least once in ones lifetime. It's amazing to see how Rs. 10.5 crore can be burnt in 10 minutes (London spend ₤1.3 million on 1st Jan 2008 on fireworks). Anyways this year I will watch it again but on youtube.

Year started with preparations for the SAP PI certification, which I cleared in the first week of Jan then came the tough decision of coming back to India for good, used to wonder whether the decision is gonna be good or not…finally decided when Vishal visited and we were having pints of Foster’s and Stella, with bowl of chips at Metropolitan Bar on Baker Street outside station, along with Rajoo, I mean Rajat. Vishal was my first and last room-mate in London we lived together for more than a year while studying at University of Westminster. He was there to do his Master in International Business, an apna type banda with clear intentions and plans for his life, very clear in his thoughts and down to earth…but hum dono ki ek boori aadat hai, whenever we are enjoying I mean having daaroo toh jo nahin le raha hai usko phone karke jalaatee zaroor hai…Waise I started this tradition after he left London and still continuing with it as he called me yesterday night after having some beer, while I was spending a quite evening watching Pirates of Caribbean (Death Man’s Chest). I met him first time on Heathrow, where I received him after talking to him once before leaving from India. Aarti introduced us, thanks a lot Aarti for such a good friend, whom I cudn’t have met otherwise. He got married to his LOVE in March, both of them were very happy on that day and living happily there after.

So I finally made up my mind to relocate to SWADES. I was ok but bit concerned about future but family was very happy, at-least I will be close to them. To be very frank, this was an emotional decision. Whatever it was but now I am happy with the situation. Initially didn’t apply anywhere as my sister also decided to come back and took decision to spend her remaining life with Dhananjay. She was got married on 20th April at Indore, was very happy and sad too…never thought that she will leave us sooo early. I mean it all happened to quickly that didn’t get time to even think. But the good thing is that she is very happy at her new home and enjoying every luxury of life with all the love any girl would expect from new family. GOD BLES!!
I thought of finishing this one on 31st itself but cudn't and now it's 2nd of Jan 2009...sitting in office, not the right time and place to put thoughts on net but I have to finish it before I can start new things in new year.


So Charu started her new life and now its my turn to start my new one in India. I started it by placing my CV on Monster inda and naukri, I think these are the two sites which all the agencies look to get new ppl. After almost one month got offer from Accenture. they gave me joining for the 16th of July 2008 at Gurgaonb location. I was fortunate enough to get the project before joining and on day one had to go to client's office. There I met Atul and Shailender as my first team mates in India, I remembered Mukid, Shirley and Raj. My rest of the team was in Germany that time, met them after couple of weeks and got along with them very well.
Took a new flat at PWO housing complex on rent and started altogather a new life. never bought any house hold stuff until now as it was all provioded my landlords in London. First purchase was a refrigerator along with mattress followed by few utensils and washing machine, then came the bean bags and papasen chair which I talked about in my first blog. In 3 months time we had almost all the stuff which one really need to survive these days along few luxury items which makes your life jing-ga la-la like Tata-Sky and home theatre. Doing pretty good I think. Areee I forgot to mention, on Diwali we bought our first car, saadi Maruti Alto, grey in colour. I think even a car is a necessity these days and specially in Gurgaon. Shikha didi, daughter of one of our family freinds, helped a lot to get settled in the new place. She even gave one of her car's until we got ours. I really appriciate her generosity as we (didi and I, but our parents were in touch all these years) were not in touch for I dont remember how long., I think after she married to Sanjay J and moved from Udaipur. Thanks a lot Shikha di and Sanjay J.
In my team at Accenture, I have a friend Nishant Bansal, really a nice chap. I am very close to him, I can say he is my first very good friend after returning to India. He is from GOD's city of Haridwar. He is married to Abha, who is equally good and all four of us get along very well.
In November we moved to another place, Today's Blossom's II, it is bigger with more facilites and less in rental value. Actually Nishant suggested us this new place and we both are putting up in the same society. We are quite happy in our new flat and welcomed 2009 on it's terrace along with few of our freinds.
Life is so far very good and have no regrets on the decision of moving back to India...seriously I am Loving it!!! But this time and for the first time in my life I have a resolution.
I hope 2009 is as good and as prosporous as 2008....WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY & PROSPOROUS NEW YEAR.

Comments

Prasant Naidu. said…
Touch wood bro, a man is known by his choices he makes in his life. Today is ur b-day too so wish you a smiling life and prosperous carrier. I have seen u from old London days and it's good to see you having fun and enjoying life with family and friends in India.

Keep Rocking,
PN.
Unknown said…
yes mate, thanks to aarti for this .

its almost a year sitting together and enjoying those big pints of beer. stella Artois is waiting for us hahahah. even that was the wonderful evening sitting for almost 8 hours in the same pub at riverside having a wonderful view of london and enjoying pints of beer followed by wine, anjali and charu joining us late

Popular posts from this blog

Roots

Which is Better?

What an Irony...